Friday, September 7, 2012

Nursing! Its not all its cracked up to be

We have had nursing for Jaxson for a few months now!What was suppose to help Michael and I care for our child and give us a little less stress ended up doing the opposite. Jaxson gets 56 hrs a week of nursing!So he had a day shift nurse Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. to 4p.m and a night nurse Tuesday and Thursday night 11 p.m to 7 a.m.Our night nurse was great never had any problems and she adored Jaxson.I would give her a list of stuff to do and she always got it done.She turned Jax every 2 hrs and loved on  him before he went to sleep!We lost her because she got ill and her health deteriorated quickly.
     Our day nurse is a whole complete story.We hired her because she has been with nursing agency for 12 yrs taking care of trached kiddos.She was really nice and easy to talk to.After a couple of months working things started going bad!She was late everyday never on time.We had to tell her repeatedly to suction Jax or hook him up to eat.She was messy leaving diapers and gloves all over .Would not do things i asked and was getting a bit bossy with me about Landen(which is none of her concern).She has bad knees and was not able to get down on the floor with Jaxson.She would change Jaxsons diapers in the recliner and get pooh everywhere and would not clean it up.We had talked to her about alot of this!Some got better some got worse.She was getting in my business a little to much.The topper  was..wednsday she went to put him in his chair and hurt him..Not on purpose but accidental.Now usually you would pick him up say i am sorry calm him and kiss him.That is not what she did..she made him cry and said..Oh your alright and walked off.This is un acceptable to me.He is my child and he did not desereve that.My husband informed me this was not the first time this had happened (she did it once before when he was here with her) and she said the same thing If i would have known this she would of been gone then.Jaxson has to trust the person who is caring for him.With her doing that there was no way he would trust her or start to become scared of her I was not waiting around for that to happen..I was so upset as i heard him cry and heard and seen what she did.I called the agency and had to let her go.I will not let no one hurt my child..accident or not she did not comfort him when he needed it most.So now we have no nurses at all.I am not wanting to do nursing now !My husband said he wants to try again and we will be a bit more picky about who we hire.I talked to many moms that deal with the same issue and they said you go through several before you find one that works out great.I don't know that i want to wait or go through several for the perfect nurse but i understand we need the help for Jaxson.I will also be investing in a nanny cam!I will feel safer if i know what the nurse is doing with my child.I am still upset about it all.For now My husband and I will do all his care and I am not complaining!I am going to enjoy every bit of it!

No comments: