Sunday, February 22, 2009

2 YRS AGO TODAY

I got the worse call of my life!That phone call was every military wives fear... Its hard to send your husband off to Iraq and the worry everyday and trying to stay positive that it will all be OK.All was for several months as we were Plucking by waiting for the day my husband and the children's daddy could return home safe to us.

But on February 22, 2007 that dreaded phone call came,,,Mrs.Miller ..have you heard from your Husband? Once that was said i knew something happened to him.I said what happened is he OK what do i do next? That phone call was beyond awful they knew he was hurt at this time but not to what extent. That night 2 soldiers showed up at my door! When i opened the door and seen them i passed out.I was in shock but once i was back on my feet they just came by to check on me and the kids.

On February 23, the phone rang and it was the MOST amazing voice on the phone.It was my SOLDIER my husband my best friend.He called me to tell me he was in hospital in Iraq and was waiting to be transported to Germany for Medical care.After allot of tears shed just knowing he was alive and things were going to be ok we ended our conversation.

Once in Germany the Doctors there informed him he was coming home to the states!His leg wound was severe and it was best for him to come home for medical treatment.Yes i was happy he was coming home and so so scared.He arrived March 5Th Where i drove 2 hrs in the middle of the night to get him and bring him home. I want to give a BIG thanks to ALL our soldiers who are deployed in Afghanistan and Iraq. I also hope for those of you who read this you will say prayers to the MANY families who's Loved one was injured in the war.There are so many and many forgotten once home.

Today Marks the anniversary of the day my husband was wounded!Its a day he cant forget that will become part of his History forever. GOD BLESS AMERICA! GOD BLESS THE SOLDIERS AND THEIR FAMILIES.

No comments: