Friday, July 11, 2008

Their comming around!

My family has not exactly been supportive of our adoption.My husband and i and kids are thrilled.My brothers and sisters and parents have not said alot but what they have said i may have taken it wrong maybe its me i dont know.My sister inlaw called me and said her little sister was having a yard sale and selling lots of baby items.She called to see what size Elijahs clothes are.She said she was going there this evening to get Elijah some things.She then proceded to tell me she cant wait to meet him.
I was shocked i never expected this.This is a Sister inlaw i LEAST expected to be so happy for us.But i am glad she is and i am glad i have someone to share our adoption journey with in our family.My cousin Ruby who is also a close friend is so excited about Elijah she could explode.She said hmm cant wait till Elijah gets home and mommy and daddy need a break and i get him ALL to myself.She is very attached to our Landen as well.
I am happy to see some of my family saying they do support us.My Mom and Dad are not saying alot but when they are here they ask me a ton of questions and she is always trying to see what new i bought for Elijah.They were like this with Landen too.But when they seen him at the airport that was it.He is their baby and they brag on him constantly.It will be the same when Elijah arrives home.My mom sure loves her grandbabies all soon to be 26 of them.Yes their is 26 granchildren(Elijah is number 26) but they are parents of 7 kids and we ALL have kids.
I am blessed to have a big family and love it...I also took my parents steps and Elijah will be number 7 for us.we are so blessed with all our babes .I am blessed to parent them all and cannot wait until Elijah is home.

No comments: