Monday, July 14, 2008

ups and downs of adoption and life!

Adoption is such a rollercoaster ride sometimes.The stress and the wait and making sure every T is crossed and every i is dotted.I sent the dossier off and was upset my passport pics are not in the file.Ughh.. so here we go off to get them done again..The hangup is My sweet husband Michael is in Texas for 2 weeks.So i have to wait until he is home to go get them.I have looked everywhere for them.I am praying they magically appear very soon.
I know its all a pain but wow so worth it in the end.To have been blessed to love a child and watch him grow into a man and know you were the one that got that oppurtunity to parent that miracle that God has given you.
I miss my husband..after him being gone 18 months in Iraq (6months of it in training)It is hard to seperate from him.Yes its only 2 weeks but for us it feels like a life time.I have gotten bad after he got injured in Iraq.I want to hang tight and protect him.I know thats impossible to always be there to protect a grown man but its so hard.I dont wanna be apart from him anymore.I can definatley say after 18 months of raising the kids on my own it was the HARDEST thing i ever did.
I did it and the kids are still alive so i must of done something right.To those of you single mommas out there.I APPLAUD YOU. To be able to manage it all..It took me 6 months to adjust to being the only parent and getting in a routine of how to manage it all.At this time i had 5 kids in the home and was going to school in the evenings.I went on little sleep as i cleaned house after comming home from class after i got the kids bathed stories read and tucked into bed.When the kids went to school i studied and started it all again in the evenings.
Michael left yesterday i dropped him at the airport.It already feels like he has been gone FOREVER.I didnt sleep well last night so i hope to get a full nights sleep tonight.We called each other on our cell phones several times.I talked with him until he was so tired he couldnt keep his eyes open.I ope July 26th hurries up i will be wiaitng at the airport happily to pick him up and bring him home.
The next airport trip i wanna make is flying out to get our baby and bring him home for good.I cannot wait for that day to come.I am so excited.. I have never ever been on a plane before and never been to a forign country .But i am so geared about going.I lost out on so much with our other 2 children.Michael flew to India both times and brought them home while i stayed behind with our children.I will never get that back the first time i see their sweet faces and to see the place they grew up.I want to take so much in that my brain can handle when i am there with our baby.

No comments: