Sunday, January 2, 2011

BETTER!

Things are getting better with each passing day with Jaxson's care!We change his trach pants and clean the trach area at least 3 times a day.Jax drools so much that he saturates his trach pants.I cant put a bib on him because of trach he needs the over the head ones.We have 3 of those.I need to order some online i guess.The burp clothes help but nothing is fool proof.So to keep his stoma clean and dry we do it 3 times.
We got all his equipment in his room.The first 2 nights he was in our room.I bought a plastic tool box that looks like a dresser and holds the equipment on top and the supplies fit in the drawers.His room now looks like a hospital .It is going to take some time to get used too.
I will be honest i am still overwhelmed with all of this.I slept in his room last night as i am not comfortable being in our room away from him.I do have a baby monitor but still i sleep heavy and i need to be close to here if his SAT monitor beeps.
He does feel so much better though and he smiles more.He moves around allot more and does not sleep as much as he did.These are all great things so overall he is Better.Michael and I both know we will have his care down it just takes time adjusting and learning.We are getting there.Tomorrow is the biggie we change his trach out.

No comments: