Friday, September 18, 2009

GOODNEWS AND BAD AND OTHER STUFF

I have some news i have been wanting to share and decided why not now! It is not about our adoption but it is pretty good news.I was laid off my job early December and have been home full time now.I got my job back i will have a different patient this time and the best news of all it is only 2 blocks from my home,So i am able to walk to work some days i will have to drive because part of my job is taking her to doctors and shopping.
It even works when Jax comes home because i can take him to work with me.Michael is working on becoming self employed and he can also keep Jax on days i work.The cool part is my job is part time which is great.i get Holidays and weekends off as well.
Now for the not so good news.My nephew has been living with us for almost 18 months.I am sad to say he will no longer be living with us.I have had allot of challenges with him and thought we could work through them with lots of structure and a secure home life which he did not have with his mother (my sister).He disappeared for a few days and i had to call the police and report him as a runaway.Come to find out he was in another town at his dads.Now i don't mind him seeing his dad at all but he could of told me where he was at.I had called his cell phone several times and he never answered.He told his dad he had no school all this week which was a lie.So i called his Mom and she don't want him home because she cannot handle him.So he is living with his Dad now and will be here on Sunday to get all his belongings.This has been going on for awhile now and just to much for my husband and I to handle.I love my nephew but want whats best for him.
Today was another chiropractor day.She aligned my back which was shifted to the left.It helped a tiny bit with the pressure the herniated disc is putting on the nerves in my neck.But after such day i have allot of pain.Then there is this neck brace i wear for traction because my neck is leaning forward and some bones are trying to fuse together.I don't mind wearing the brace but with the inflamed hernia and nerve pain it hurts much worse and nothing touches the pain.I am still doing the hot cold packs and taking alieve for pain.I also bought a 40 dollar cervical pillow as doc Megan said i needed it.It does help me sleep more then i was sleeping.
Yesterday i went to wash a load of laundry and my wash machine was making an awful awful noise.Now we just bought this washer and dryer in April and they are front load heavy duty capacity.So i am a bit bummed that the washer is not sounding so hot considering i do at least 2 loads of wash a day in order to keep up.I called sears because they are under warranty and they are coming on Wednesday to fix them.
Now for a bit of yessssssssssss news.Our new bathroom will have a working jet tub toilet and sink today.I am beyond happy that this is almost complete.We still have to get a cabinet and some towel racks and things but the bathroom will be usable.So i went to walmart and bought bath rugs and towels and hand towels for our new bathroom.There is still some more things i need to purchase but will get them soon.
Our bedroom is painted but Michael's shelves for his small office area still needs to be built and then i need to call the carpet guy and have him come give us an estimate of what he will charge.Still have flooring left to to in Laundry room but for most part its almost complete.I will be taking pics tonight to share with you of the bathroom.
Kids are all doing well and we just wait for the day we can go get out babe.Please pray that day is soon.

No comments: