Thursday, December 23, 2010

SORRY NO POST!

I have been so busy between the hospital and home i have not had a chance to update everyone.Jax had surgery yesterday at 1:30 and it lasted about an hour.He now has a trach and he is breathing so great.We had to take a class on how to care,clean and change the trach.It was very daunting and overwhelming.It is allot of information to take in and i thought i was going to break down and cry.I did not though .I went home to rest and Michael stayed last night.I came back today so we could take the CPR class we were required to take and got all that done.Michael went home tonight and will be back on Sunday.So jax and i will chill out here in the hospital for the holidays.
I brought his red Christmas blanket and his picture of him and brother on Santa's lap.The hospital was giving out small trees and bells to go on them.So we got one and now Jaxson has a Christmas tree in his room.While Jax may not be home for his first Christmas we will have one here complete with a tree.I brought one of his Christmas presents with me for him to open on Christmas day.The rest are at home and then what santa brings him as well as his stocking full of goodies will wait until he gets home next week.
Jax is doing really well.He is breathing better and wow has he been a happy guy today.I am scared of the trach a bit but it is getting better.I have suctioned him today the big step will be changing the trach.He is awake right now and watching the mobile the nurses brought in for him.I will be so happy when i can hold him again.

No comments: