Wednesday, November 19, 2008

GEARING UP FOR THE HOLIDAYS

I have been getting so excited about the holidays.I have been making my shopping list for Thanksgiving dinner and have almost all of what we need bought.I am so thrilled to have all 6 kids home for dinner.I have so much to be thankful for.I will still be missing 1 member of our family who is in another country and who has no idea he has Big family waiting to love him up.He will have a wonderful prayer said just for him on thanksgiving day.
Christmas ....My favorite part of this Holiday is the music and baking cookies and making fudge and candies and of course the christmas tree.I am not big on presents and am happy not recieving at all.I LOVE TO GIVE...Last year we were financially strapped so i made homemade goodies and bought the reusable containers and filled them up and gave them to the church,friends,family,coworkers and they were thrilled with this.I have been doing dome christmas shopping and am Happy to say Landens christmas is DONE.Of course he is my easy one i shop n the toddler toys for him.I pruchased a HUGEE drum the biggest i have ever seen and he will LOVE it.His is now done i have been buying for him since summer on clearnce.I am happy to say his total for christmas was 50.00 wow that is a savings for me.
I havethe other 5 kids to buy for and will get it done.They are harder and more expensive.I cant wait for Jax to be here and buy for him and see his face when he sees the lights and hear the music Landen Loves christmas he is like momma and cares less about the gifts and more into enjoying the giving and the spirit of it all.This christmas will also be hard as he wont be here with us to enjoy it.But watch out next year when he is home...It will be the best christmas EVER.

No comments: