Monday, November 16, 2009

ADOPTING A FAMILY!

We are adopting My sister and her fiancee this year for Christmas!They were the ones who were in a car wreck.My sister Lori had a job and is now going to be off for 6 weeks or more.Her fiancee has been unemployed for many months as his job was stricken with the economy.My sister has a broken Knee.Chad her fiancee had a shattered hip in 5 places and a severe concussion that did cause him some thought process and speech problems.I am thankful they are alive.I need to post pics of my husbands truck and show it to you.
Now they are Broke as my sister cannot work.She is so upset as she don't like help or handouts.This has been a big thing for her.But Christmas is coming and i want them to have a happy one as they have had such a hard year.My best friend Dee who was also recently lay ed off is crocheting a beautiful Afghan for them and making homemade soaps for Lori.I am putting Money back so they can have Christmas dinner and money to pay lights and things.I also have some shopping to do my sister needs clothes and chad needs sweat pants and pj pants that are easy to get off as he will be down for many many more weeks.
I was upset when i told my oldest sister.. I asked her if she would like to help.Her response was...Why? no one helps me.I was taken aback by this as my sister has a JOB her husband has a JOB.They both have really good jobs and their children are raised so they don't have the expense of kids.I said you cant give 20 dollars to help your own sister?My oldest sister and I have always knocked heads.She is the one who thinks she is better then everyone in our family.She always has and went as far as calling our mother white trash.My mom cried for days over this.But when a family is in need i really thought she would be wiling to help out more.I guess that was the wrong thing to ask.
Anyway i am feeling great about helping another family.Years ago when Michael and I were having a hard time we were adopted.I could not thank the people enough who adopted us.We were very grateful for their help.We were also adopted a couple years ago when Michael came home from Iraq and was injured.Things were tight then as we were running back and forth 2 1/2hrs away to get his medical care at ft.Riley.We paid for all those expenses as well as hotel room stays on days he was having surgery early in the mornings we would stay in hotel night before so we would be n time.
I want to help her.I know what it is like to be down and out.If anyone deserves it its my sister who has always worked hard to take care of herself and her girls who are now grown ups.My sister who has a big heart and would do anything for anyone in their time of need.Even if it meant she did not have money to pay her bills if someone needed it worse she was there to lend a helping hand.So i am excited and am working on a list to make their Christmas a happy one this year.

No comments: