Tuesday, November 10, 2009

BUSY BUSY BUSY!

That is how it has been here.Running back and forth to the hospital has just plain wore me out.Chad came through his surgery OK.Its was a long surgery over 5 hrs.He was up today with a walker i didn't go down to hospital today as i had things to do here at home.
We have never remodeled our kitchen sense we bought this house.It has always been a touchy spot with me.My kitchen is NOT functional and its hard to cook in.I have no counter space at all.It has always been an area in our home i have DISLIKED.We knocked a partial wall out and put a small breakfast bar there for counter space.Our kitchen is tiny and it is shaped weird.
We are going to gut it out all the way down.We need a new floor in there badly.I have been making a list of my wants for this kitchen.WOW is it ever going to be pricey.I have dreamed of having a dishwasher my kitchen is so small we decided we will have to get a compact in order to have a few extra cabinets in there.
I am excited about the kitchen being redone.We wont get to do it until summer.Its going to be to cold soon so we have to wait to tear it out.We also need to save some money for this.We have some saved but not near enough.I wish i was loaded and would have a kitchen designer come in and figure out how to fit more counter and such in the kitchen.I have great ideas but my husband is not so hip on my ideas.Its not much of a change just makes more room for extra counters and cabinets.
My husband knows a man who builds cabinets he is suppose to come give us an estimate.All we want is to have them built we will finish them and add hardware ourselves.This is our LAST major remodel.We are also tearing out the breakfast bar and the bottom wall and making open kitchen to dining room.
I have not heard anything of when we will travel.I don't know how much longer this is suppose to take but ya ask me its plain out Ridiculous.I have no idea what the hold up is.Maybe if they would tell me something i could accept it better.I am frustrated,angry and sad i don't get what is taking so long.We want to go and go now.

No comments: