Tuesday, December 8, 2009

NOT HAPENING!

Jax will not be home in time for Christmas which is heart wrenching for us.I have not heard anything from state department or the consular in Liberia.I want him to have Christmas so i am sending money out today and the in country staff will get his gifts for me.Last year i sent him a short outfit ,a blanket, and a pair of socks.This year i am sending money and asked them to get him an outfit and a stuffed animal .I am sending extra so another child or 2 can have something nice too that has no one to get them something.
Today school was cancelled due to a big snow storm and sleet.The kids are home and bored.Landen has had an awful nasty cold and i been giving him medicine for it.I love boogie wipes as much snot as this child has those have been a great thing.Landen has been ornery today and quite a handful.He is now content playing with my singing Frosty the snowman.I am still praying we can travel right after Christmas to bring Jaxson home.Even if we get word we can go now we cant get flight out until after Christmas.
I am not feeling to great today and have put off wrapping gifts and finishing our Christmas cards.I plan on at least getting Christmas cards out in the mail today.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I had not realized you have waited over a year to bring him home! WOW!

I will keep praying! Since you can't have before... well then... it will just have to happen right after Christmas!

How old is he? I bet you can't wait to see a smile on his face!!!! I hope he is being loved on, and his Christmas presents bring a smile, if not to his face at least to his heart! He is precious and I just want to see his mama holding him!

Kelly said...

ps... yep, we have a snow day too! AND tomorrow! But today was BEAUTIFUL! To bad tomorrow will be nasty!

Denise said...

we have been waiting on him for a very long time.We were suppose to travel to bring him home last february when the suspension was put in place and we couldnt bring him home.He is 41/2 yrs old.He looks great!Has gained alot of weight sense we first saw him and began this process.NO School tomorrow eaithr for the kids.They are so bored lol.Tomorrow they are going to help me bake cookies and candies.