Tuesday, July 14, 2009

15 MONTHS AGO

I seen this beautiful babies picture.This was the first ones i ever saw of him.I had joined a group called Reece's Rainbow.We were wanting to adopt and knew our baby would be special needs.We new we wanted to adopt from Africa as my heart was leading me there.It came together as God had intended. There was a posting from a woman who was advocating for a little boy in Liberia who she was praying would find a family.I emailed her right away and asked for what information she had about this precious baby.She told me all she knew and said i have pictures.She emailed his pictures and i was madly in love.It was like something hit me instantly and said to me THIS IS HIM this is YOUR child.I was so excited and called Michael over to look at his picture as well.I explained that this little one has severe cerebral palsy.He looked at him and looked at me and smiled and said...Call the agency first thing in the morning this is our son.The following morning i called and talked with the agency.Of course she was concerned and had a ton of questions for me like...You know he has severe cp and cant walk or talk.Yes i know this.Do you understand he can have other medical issues?Yes i love him for who he is not what we want him to be.She proceeded with allot more questions but i knew this was our son.This little boy is on this earth for many reasons.He came into our lives for a reason.We WANT him NO MATTER WHAT.This is how it began and now 15 months later this little boy has grown so much before our eyes,Yes i am frustrated!Yes i am stressed!Yes i am sad and angry.But he is our son...And i know one day he will be home with his family who already adores and love him so much.Yes i have moments of being scared having 2 special needs little boys.But i would not CHANGE anything.This child was born in my heart 15 months ago and there is no looking back.I love him more with each passing day.I ache to hold him and tell him how much he is loved.15 Months i have stared at his pictures and watch him change through the past year.Every time i get a picture i am so happy to receive it yet so sad because he is not with his family.This little boy has waited a long time for his turn to go home to his family.Not much Longer my Jaxson Emmanuel I know God will unite us and you will have so much love and happiness this i promise you.I love you Jaxson very much and cant wait to hold you forever.

1 comment:

All My Beans said...

oh MY...those pictures grab my heart. he is growing and he is beautiful and he IS your son!! Imagine the first time you can hold him close to your heart and kiss his beautiful cheeks? Hold on to that..it WILL happen and all the agony will disappear in one fleeting moment of God's fate...
Thank you so much for sharing those pictures with us!