Wednesday, July 8, 2009

THIS AND THAT

The last 3 days have been crazy!Michael has had back to back appointments at the VA and Ft.Riley.We leave early in morning and don't get home until evening time .I am exhausted from all the driving.I am so happy to say the shingles were put on the roof of our addition today it is looking so nice.
Our Teen problems is getting better its been a battle for the past 4 weeks with her.I got tough and she didn't like it and decided it was not worth losing her cell phone and being grounded for 2 weeks.She is starting to improve has 2 more days to go and she gets her cell phone back.She still has another week of grounding to get through.I got to the root of her problem so we should see a big behavior change.
Tomorrow i am spending the day catching up on Laundry.With all the days of travel and being gone it has Piled up.I also have some other chores that need to be addressed and will get them done tomorrow.Landen is enjoying his summer so much.He cracked me up today.We were coming home from Ft Riley and pulled in McDonald's drive through to get drinks.Landen in the back seat before they came on to take our order said...WELCOME TO MCDONALD'S MAY I TAKE YOUR ORDER?Then he proceeded with..I WANT A SWEET TEA.Needless to say Michael ,Rebecca and I had a laugh and when the woman came on to take our order she probably thought we were a crazy bunch of people.
Landen is such a joy to parent...He is funny with a great sense of humor.He loves to pull pranks on people like me when i am in the shower and he pulls the shower door open and runs out of the bathroom as fast as he can.He is vocalizing more and more everyday.He has came so far and i see improvements everyday.
I have no news on Jaxsons adoption it seems to be stuck somewhere but in time it will come.When i least expect it we will get to go bring him home.I am keeping plenty busy which helps with the time and the wait.I pray for him Nightly and talk about him all the time.I am doing my best to be patient and keep my sanity.

No comments: