Sunday, August 30, 2009

LAYING LOW

I have not posted on my blog much.I have been so down about this adoption it is hard and i just don't have much to say.I unpacked Jaxson's suitcase awhile back and now i am in process of emptying his dresser.It is full of summer clothes and there is now way it will be warm when he comes home.So i am back to putting his winter things back out.
I have taken my time with it as the remodels my house is a cluttered mess with nowhere to put things at the moment.I hope to get pics soon and show the progress.Michael just about has all the tile down in the bathroom.Our laundry room is painted and the cabinets are stained.They need varnished and once done are ready to hang.My bedroom still needs painted and we still have carpet to purchase for the floor.I am in search of a professional to lay he carpet.
The kids seem to be enjoying school.Rebecca is still not sure about her school she is in 8Th grade and in the high school.Her first week and she came home with a problem and asked my advice.A boy at school made a racial comment to her.It upset her and she said she didn't know if she should tell.This boy did the same thing LAST year.I told her she needs to tell because that is JUST not acceptable.The following morning she went to the office and talked with school counselor and the principle.The two girls that were with her when the comment was made also told.This boy got 3 days out of school for this.Last year he got told not to say t again and NOTHING so that gave him the opportunity to think its OK.IT IS NOT OK.I am proud of her and told her she did the right thing as she does not deserve to be talked to in that manner.WAY to Go Rebecca.
I have been dealing with some things of my own here at home.My cousin and best friend has made a rough decision to leave her husband.She has been staying with us.She got a NICE 2 bedroom house she is renting for 300.a month.Allot of people freak out as the rent is cheap for a very NICE house.But we are in a small farming community.Population of 5,000 so rent is cheaper here and cheaper to buy a home here.This has been very hard on her..her 2 children are taking it better then expected but they knew there was tension in the home.The house is only 2 blocks from where she did live she did this so her children can be close to both parents and not feel so pulled and pushed.Today is her moving day.the Landlord live 4 hrs away and is coming today to fix a busted pipe and fix a couple other things.All her furniture is in the house now and today she will be spending the day cleaning and putting things away.Please pray for her this was a very hard decision for her I am here for support and not to judge her for her decision.
I am waiting on new pics of Jaxson as soon as i receive them i will post them.I am praying for something to happen and soon see all the Liberian angels come home to their families.Please pray it is soon is been 9 months sense the Moratorium was put in place and its time to get things running and get these children home to their families.

No comments: