Sunday, August 3, 2008

Landen is really talking!

This summer has been great for Landen.He has decided it is easier to communicate with voice instead of grunting or pointing.Everyday he learns new words or tries to say words.Tonight my mom and dad stopped by to see the kids.Landen told grandma...I go to town and eat tacos.He loves tacos and has it in his head he is eating them tomorrow.He wanted some tapioca pudding his all time favorite.He was setting at the table and was trying so hard to say tapioca.It came out like this...MMMM GAGEOCA.
I never thought we would get to this point with him.He is saying sentences now and just trying hard to communicate.I LOVE IT.He tells me more and more what he wants to eat.He says i go outside when he wants to play .He loves his swing set and when he wants to swing he grabs my hand and says YEEHAWW.when he swings he says yeehaw.
I also was listening to him in the living room playing with his blocks.I heard this...un (one) ewww (two) eeee (three) eight ,en(ten).Hes trying to COUNT he can do ABCS but never counts past 3.Yes he skipped alot but its a good start.I cant believe how verbal he has been this summer.This child amazes me everyday.This child has proved his nuero doc wrong several times now.
His docs didnt think he would ever talk.. or learn i know my son would learn and Talk.He has always said simple things like momma and daddy and his brothers and sisters naes.But now he is telling me his wants and needs or just plain ole telling us something he wants us to know.
My son a microcephalic son with autistic characteristics and visually impaired ,developmentaly delayed.Has grown and thrived and is so so happy and just right down fun to be with.He is so lovable and loves to be cuddled.
Landen can do anything he sets his little mind too and of course momma is always there to roote him on.Noone including his doctors cant tell me he wont progress because he done proved to me and my friends and family that YES HE CAN.He has came so far since he came home to us 31/2 yrs ago.My little boy has an excellent memory and uses it well.He can hear a song once and hum it back.
He has a favorite book he loves me to read and will bring me the book and say ead(read) me who(shoe).(baby mickey lost his shoe).I am so proud of my little man..God has given me a true gift..the gift of a special boy who has amzed me in everyway.Aboy to love and parent.I am so blessed to be this precious childs mom.

No comments: