Wednesday, October 14, 2009

BETTER SAFE THEN SORRY!

The swine flu has hit our schools with such a force here.70 kids are OUT sick with swine flu.I am sure Landen had this too.He went to the doctor and she put him on ANTIBIOTICS which did not make him better at all even the congestion syrup she gave him did not help.I did keep him home today as his nose is really really nasty and he still seems to have a touch of sore throat.
My older kids...I don't want to sound like i am a germ phobic but 70 Kids in this small farming community is like more the HALF the students here.I sent each of my children with a pack of Kleenex to cover their face with.I also got them all alcohol gel to keep in pockets and wash their hads often with it.I told if you touch door handles,Lockers,desk chairs anything use the gel.I told them not to get close to any students and do not use the water fountain.
I don't know why they don't shut the school down for a week and disinfect it that way.Instead of keeping it open and risking children.If you don't send them you get threatened with Truancy.What do you do?I may have to risk getting in trouble just to keep my other 3 kids from getting sick.
This sickness was very violent on Landen.He is still not 100% but the fever is gone.He would sleep and not eat.I had to force fluids on him.I just could NOT get him to wake up for anything.His throat was sore and he has a nasty yucky runny nose.His teacher called today to check on him.I told her my fear of sending him back.She agreed that school should be closed and told me not to worry about sending Landen knowing he is sick.I told her he was better just has a goopy nose but am not comfortable with sending him yet.She agreed their are 6 students in her special needs class and all she has today is ONE.Yes One the rest are out with this illness.
Please pray that this horrible virus leaves our school and children be.

No comments: